Code of Ethics
We provide professional assistance to Seniors who have difficulty managing their personal monetary affairs. We are Daily Money Managers, but do not act as accountants, financial advisors, or attorneys. For those matters, we utilize certified professionals as required.
Our work is governed internally by a set of ethical guidelines. Strict and unwaivering adherence to our Code of Ethics is our highest priority.
- Concern for the well-being of each of our clients
- Maintain a double set of eyes on all accounts
- Treat clients, family members, colleagues, and other professionals with confidentiality, discretion and integrity
- Never exploit our clients financially, socially, emotionally, sexually, physically, or in any other manner
- Never exploit a relationship with a client for personal or financial gain
- Respect the rights of our clients
- Protect the client’s right to privacy and confidentiality in accordance with Florida law
- Maintain detailed, accurate, financial records for the client, based on information available
- Keep current with issues affecting our clients i.e. health insurance, consumer fraud, etc
- Strive to ensure fees are fair, reasonable, and commensurate with the services performed